If you haven’t heard of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), then quite frankly you’ve been living under a rock for the last few years, and it’s quite likely (highly likely) that your website isn’t doing very well at all.
SEO is the most important part of attracting numbers and traffic to your website, because it is optimised to make it stand out in the search engine rankings, which means your site stands a much better chance of being noticed. When you are doing a Google search, do you go onto the second or third page of the displayed search results? Best honest. Sometimes you might venture onto the top one or two entries on the second page, but it’s much more likely that you stick to page number one. Most people do this also, so for that reason, SEO is your go-to success technique.
Many people choose to hire an SEO business to help them with such things, because they have the knowledge and know-how to give the best chance at success. There are countless SEO companies out there, some good, some bad, some in the middle, so it’s vital to make sure you’re picking the right one for your online business. If you get it wrong? You could fail, or you could find yourself in hot water with the types of techniques that the company uses. For that reason, these following areas should be on your concern list.
- What is your budget? – Whilst SEO is important, it isn’t worth going over budget for. There are enough companies out there for you to be able to find one which is quality and within your price range, so do your research wisely.
- What techniques do the use? – There is such a thing as ethical SEO, and unethical SEO; these are known as white hat SEO and black hat SEO respectively. Whilst a surprising number of companies allow black hat SEO techniques to be used, it is risky, and it is always safer and better to stick to the white hat variety. Find out the types of techniques that each company uses, and then pick wisely.
- What is covered in the package? – Before you make a decision, you need to find out exactly what is covered in the package they are giving you. This doesn’t just cover the techniques they use, but what they are going to sell you – are they doing keyword research for you, will they find you content, how many backlinks will they provide you with. You need to be clear on what you are purchasing.
- Check reviews – Reviews and testimonials are the number one way to get an honest opinion on the SEO company you’re looking at, so do a little online digging of your own, and see what comes up. Remember there will always be one bad review out there, but if you find countless ones, and not much in the way of good, it is always best to steer clear of that particular option.
- Always read the small print – This is a similar beast to finding out what is covered, but before you enter into an agreement, make sure you read the small print, know exactly what is covered, what is going to be done and how.
SEO is so vital these days, and it’s equally as vital to get the right SEO Ireland company on-board.